|Ubuntu GNOME 17.04 Installation on VMware Workstation|
This video tutorial shows Ubuntu GNOME 17.04 installation on VMware Workstation/Player step by step. This tutorial is also helpful to install Ubuntu GNOME 17.04 on physical computer or laptop hardware. We also install VMware Tools (Open VM Tools) on Ubuntu GNOME (Zesty Zapus) for better performance and usability features such as Fit Guest Now, Drag-Drop File and Clipboard Sharing.
Ubuntu GNOME Installation Steps:
- Download Ubuntu GNOME 17.04 ISO
- Create Virtual Machine on VMware Workstation/Player
- Start Ubuntu GNOME 17.04 Installation
- Install VMware Tools (Open VM Tools)
- Test VMware Tools Features: Fit Guest Now, Drag-Drop File and Clipboard Sharing
Installing Ubuntu GNOME 17.04 on VMware Workstation
Ubuntu GNOME is an official flavor of Ubuntu, featuring the GNOME desktop environment. It is intended as a mostly pure GNOME desktop experience built from the Ubuntu repositories. It is open source and free to use.
What is Ubuntu GNOME Linux?
Ubuntu GNOME Website: https://ubuntugnome.org/
Ubuntu GNOME 17.04 Zesty Zapus New Features and ImprovementsUbuntu GNOME 17.04 ships with version 3.24 of the GNOME desktop environment and will receive security updates for nine months. The release announcement indicates this will probably be the final version of Ubuntu GNOME: As announced by Ubuntu founder Mark Shuttleworth, Ubuntu 18.04 LTS will include GNOME instead of Unity. Specifically, it will be GNOME (including GNOME Shell) with minimal Ubuntu customization. Next year, if you are using either Ubuntu 16.04 LTS or Ubuntu GNOME 16.04 LTS, you will be prompted to upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. As a result of this decision there will no longer be a separate GNOME flavor of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu GNOME 17.04 Minimum System Requirements
- 1 GHz processor (for example Intel Celeron) or better.
- 1.5 GB RAM (system memory).
- 10 GB of free hard drive space for installation.
- Either a CD/DVD drive or a USB port for the installer media.
- Internet access is helpful (for installing updates during the installation process).
Hope you found this Ubuntu GNOME 17.04 installation tutorial helpful and informative. Please consider sharing it. Your feedback and questions are welcome!
Đăng nhận xét