|Kali Linux 2017.1 KDE Plasma Installation on Oracle VirtualBox|
This video tutorial shows Kali Linux 2017.1 KDE Plasma installation on Oracle VirtualBox step by step. This tutorial is also helpful to install Kali Linux 2017 KDE on physical computer or laptop hardware. We also install Guest Additions on Kali Linux 2017 for better performance and usability features such as Automatic Resizing Guest Display, Shared Folder, Seamless Mode and Shared Clipboard, Improved Performance and Drag and Drop.
Kali Linux 2017.1 KDE Installation Steps:
- Create Virtual Machine on Oracle VirtualBox
- Start Kali Linux KDE Installation
- Install Guest Additions
- Test Guest Additions Features: Automatic Resizing Guest Display and Shared Clipboard
Installing Kali Linux 2017.1 KDE on Oracle VirtualBox
Kali Linux 2017.1 New Features and ImprovementsKali Linux is a Debian-based distribution which features several security and forensics tools. Kali Linux 2017.1 features drivers for RTL8812AU wireless chipsets, improved GPU support and there are now Azure and AWS images of Kali Linux for cloud instances. Kali Linux 2017.1 brings with it a bunch of exciting updates and features. As with all new releases, you have the common denominator of updated packages, an updated kernel that provides more and better hardware support, as well as a slew of updated tools.
Kali Linux Website: https://www.kali.org/
What is KDE Desktop?The KDE Community is an international technology team dedicated to creating a free and user-friendly computing experience, offering an advanced graphical desktop, a wide variety of applications for communication, work, education and entertainment and a platform to easily build new applications upon. In this regard, the resources provided by KDE make it a central development hub and home for many popular applications and projects like Calligra Suite, Krita, digiKam, and many others.
KDE Website: https://www.kde.org/
VirtualBox Guest Additions FeaturesThe Guest Additions offer the following features below:
- Improved Video Support: While the virtual graphics card which VirtualBox emulates for any guest operating system provides all the basic features, the custom video drivers that are installed with the Guest Additions provide you with extra high and non-standard video modes as well as accelerated video performance.
- Mouse Pointer Integration: This provides with seamless mouse support. A special mouse driver would have to be installed in the guest OS, which would exchange information with the actual mouse driver on the host. The special mouse driver then allows users to control the guest mouse pointer.
- Time Synchronization: With the Guest Additions installed, VirtualBox can ensure that the guest's system time is better synchronized with that of the host.
- Shared Folders: These provide an easy way to exchange files between the host and the guest.
- Seamless Windows: With this feature, the individual windows that are displayed on the desktop of the virtual machine can be mapped on the host's desktop, as if the underlying application was actually running on the host.
- Shared Clipboard: With the Guest Additions installed, the clipboard of the guest operating system can optionally be shared with your host operating system.
Hope you found this Kali Linux 2017.1 KDE Plasma installation on Oracle VirtualBox tutorial helpful and informative. Please consider sharing it. Your feedback and questions are welcome!
Đăng nhận xét